Tuesday, October 25, 2016

OETARA COFFEE

Coffee shop nowadays is identical with something rustic, minimalist, greyish, wooden dominated, and stuff. Can't agree more, those concept of coffee shop make them pretty, instagenic, a perfect spot to shot your OOTD or just your caffeine boost of the day. This coffee shop, on the other hand, has its candy house concept with fun bright colors: Oetara Coffee.

Nope, I do not know what they real concept is, the candy house stuff is my personal opinion. Fun tosca walls are dominating, while the iconic tosca window is one unique twist for this coffee shop. The rest of it is covered with wooden wallpaper, how I wish they use a real one though, to beautify its pretty place. Place is spacious, separated into indoor and outdoor area. I won't mind to sit outside during this rainy season though, since the weather is so friendly, but I don't think the heat of usual Pluit weather would be a perfect companion for a-non-airconed space.


One photogenic leaf.



The barista is former headbar for Chye Seng Huat Coffee in Singapore, they said.



Lotsa cakes: apple crumble, tarts, kouign amman, they have it all.


COCONUT LATTE-40k



One of their speciality: hot coconut latte. They only serve it in hot because the coconut is not a good match to be paired with ice drinks somehow. This one is good! Good presentation, taste of latte is on point with a twist of coconut inside. I like it how the coconut really blend well with the coffee, giving it a kick to my caffeine.

I also have their hot latte and hot capp. They already reminded me that their latte is a bit thinner because they are using bigger cup, and yes it is so light. I prefer the heavier kind of latte, tbh. Their capp is fine, though.

CHOCOLATE CAKE-50k

Their recommendation to pair my milky coffee with a slice of chocolate cake, to neutralize the texture. This cake is not bad, but I find it's to sweet on my palate, even for my brother's who is a fan of sweet tooth. Texture is fine, portion is quite big, but still, 50k for a slice of cake is quite pricey.


Overall Oetara is an exciting addition to coffee shops in North Jakarta. Super friendly staffs with comfy place and not-bad coffee, it can be your next spot for afternoon chit chat.

OETARA COFFEE
Jl. Pluit Karang Barat blok G6 no 25A (aligned with ex Zenbu Muara Karang)
North Jakarta
Opening hours: 7.30 am-10.30 pm

Best regards,
Jessica Christy Limanjaya
@jechristy

No comments:

Post a Comment