Sunday, September 4, 2016

BEING A SINGAPOREAN: eat local food, chill in popular cafe

Hello people!
Some of you might be knowing that I've just got hospitalized because of typhoid fever for a week. It was really torturing, the fever and stomach pain were really dominating and I just could not hold it anymore. Good thing that I am on recovery right now and I get my appetite back!

So here's the delayed Singapore post!


TASTE GOOD
Sim Lim Square, second floor


Salted egg is such a trend in Singapore and this hearty dish is one of them. Crowded was unavoidable during lunch and dinner time to taste this salted egg chicken. I had to say their salted egg chicken was very enjoyable, flavorful, simple dish that easily won my heart. They came in generous portion too! They also had this cereal chicken and sweet and sour fish, everything was good!


________________________________________________________________________

FIVE STAR KAMPONG CHICKEN
6/7 Cheong Chin Nam Rd, Singapore
+65 6466 3000
Opening hours: 10AM–12AM



Five Star could be your choice to have all kind of hearty Chinese food that could easily comfort your heart. Had this salted egg pork, prawn salad (turned out to be prawn with mayonnaise), and sweet sour chicken, and did not disappointed at all. Everything was very flavorful and reminded me of honest home cook, something warmth, something tasty.
_____________________________________________________________________________

EVERYTHING WITH FRIES
Bugis Junction, 200 Victoria St, 4th floor


EwF was one popular fastfood here in Singapore. I did not usually take fast food for dinner but seeing this goodness in front of me just made me drool and could not help to try some. Fries was well-seasoned with lots of flavor selection. I had this chicken burger and it was scrumptious! Having this for 10 bucks was surely such a good deal!
_____________________________________________________________________________

KOH GRILL AND SUSHI BAR
Wisma Atria Shopping Centre, 4th floor-21
+65 9180 3805



Shiok Maki was one popular sushi roll they have here, and I could see why. Tasty rolls wrapped with grilled mentai just would not go wrong, accompanied with whatever they have inside. The sauce was being such a superstar in this dishes. They have Shiok Maki and Shiok Maki 2.0. Both were good but I prefer the original Shiok Maki. Yaki Soba was one of their favorites and it was pleasing too!
_____________________________________________________________________________

TIONG BAHRU BAKERY
#01-16B, TANGS Orchard, 310 Orchard Road
#B1-11/12, Raffles City Shopping Centre, 252 North Bridge Road
#01-70, 56 Eng Hoon Street, 



This one need no introduction. This popular bakery is a must whenever I visit Singapore. My choice would go for their original kouign amman, although I would not mind to have their buttery croissant. Anything from them was nothing I could complain about. Coffee was too acid for me, but still, they had me at hello!
_____________________________________________________________________________

ARTISTRY
7 Sungai Pinang
Opening hours: 9AM–4PM
+65 6298 2420




Iconic wall in the front, homey ambiance, friendly staffs were things to remember about Artistry. Coffee was good and the caffeine was such a kick in the heat of Haji Lane area. I found their banana cake was really tasty, sweet in right amount with a hint of coconut on top. Loved it!
_____________________________________________________________________________

WHEELER'S YARD
28 Lor Ampas
Opening hours: 10:30AM–10PM
+65 6254 9128






Wheeler's yard with its iconic entrance was beyond my expectation. Place was really pretty and instagenic. Brunch menu was all good, from sweet potato, egg benedict, pasta, and waffle were all enjoyable. Coffee was good, ambiance was nice with all of these bicycle inside. Portion was quite small though.
_________________________________________________________________________________








Strolling through Haji Lane, visiting Garden by the bay, enjoying Singapore streets at night was a never ending fun. I never get tired visiting this country because I find gems whenever I walking around. Every corner has its own story. Tell me your favorite spot in Singapore!

1 comment:

  1. SGEats Menu offers a delightful culinary journey through a diverse selection of dishes inspired by Singapore's rich food culture. From traditional favorites like Hainanese Chicken Rice and Laksa to modern creations blending local flavors with international influences, the menu caters to a wide range of tastes and preferences.

    ReplyDelete