Saturday, May 21, 2016

SKYE JAKARTA : new lunch menu

Hello people! I am currently having my spare time and I guess I will see you often through my blog. I am waiting for my internship schedule on August and having this 3 months holiday. I think I will explore more about my city.

SKYE, one of the well-known restaurant in Jakarta, invited me to try their latest lunch menu. Lately chef Hamish Lindsay from New Zealand did join them as their executive chef. I was so excited because as an Ismaya fan, SKYE amazed me a lot with its beauty from the top of Jakarta. So I was so thrilled to try their goodness this time!






Lunch with a view.

I saw the menu description and found that basically their lunch menu consisted a lot of meat. As you know I was actually not a really meaty person, but that's a good thing because it means I reviewed this menu as objective as I could. Beef, lamb, chicken, tuna, you got it all here!



Poke Cones
Marinated diced tuna, wasabi cream fraiche, avocado sorbet, and jalapeno. 
Started with this pretty appetizer, they served us fresh tuna with style! I was actually quite a big fan of fresh raw food, especially when it came with tuna or salmon. This one had its unique taste and quite strong wasabi on top. Some of you might find it had uncommon taste, but I am sure some people might actually love it!




Beef Tataki
Crispy tortila, teriyaki aioli, roasted chili, and rocket
Another fresh raw food, and this is MY FAVORITE THING AMONG ALL. I am not a beef person, lamb and beef are meats I usually avoid from, but this one was killing it! The teriyaki aioli played big role as it gave its tasty sauce feeling above the tortilla layer. Recommended one!


Crispy chicken slider
Black buns, crispy chicken southern, spicy harissa, coriander yoghurt
I knew some of you wanted to play safe when it came to lunch. Something that you knew it must be good. This crispy chicken slider might be the choice for you! Unique black bun to make it special, well seasoned fried chicken, vegetables, you got it all! This dishes won my heart, after the tataki of course!



Beef short ribs
Green pea mash, yokshire pudding, mint gremolata
I could not believe this, but I honestly quite a fan of this one! The ribs was so tender I could cut it with my fork, well seasoned as well. Green pea mash made my plate prettier, but I wished it was more salty to make it better. The yokshire pudding was really good! I would love to eat it together with all the component of this dish. One beautiful dish!


Massaman lamb shank
Thai braised lamb shank, baby potatoes, peanuts, coconut cream, and thai basil.
Lam was good, not a big fan of lamb, but theirs was tender. Sauce was great! They used combination of some herbs to deliver its strong flavors they had.


Fettucine nero al vongole
squid ink fettucine, batik clams, baby shrimp, bottarga, lemon mollica.
I really really liked how the squid ink sauce did not make my teeth dirty! I tried some of squid ink pasta and it was kinda handful to clean my mouth every single time I bite it, but SKYE's was so thoughtful they did not leave any marks on my teeth. Flavor was undoubtedly good, with fresh seafood on the top of it.


Spicy grilled chicken
Sriracha chilli caramel, fried eggplant salad, thai basil, crispy shallots
The sauce was my favorite! Spicy, salty, and the eggplant salad madeit even better. This tender chicken was also a choice when you wanted to play it safe.



Overall I did enjoy my lunch here at SKYE. I did recommend you some of my favorites through my writings, I'd like to hear your opinion when you tried it.

Thanks for having me SKYE!

SKYE BISTRO AND LOUNGE
Menara BCA level 56
Jl. MH Thamrin no 56
Central Jakarta

Best regards,
Jessica Christy Limanjaya
@jechristy


No comments:

Post a Comment