Sunday, May 29, 2016

MISTER SUNDAY JAKARTA

Hello there!
So excited to talk about this one because by the time I wrote this, they are only 1 week old, which means I can spoil earlier you the goodness of their place!

Finding Mister Sunday is not hard, they are located in the busy street of Cikajang, in the same row with Sophie Authentique, next to Cut the Crab. It looks like an unfinished building from the outside, rustic feeling and finding parking lot might be an issue here.

Mister Sunday is located on the second floor of the building. Entering via the metal stair, giving the strong industrial ambiance of this place. Big window with natural light might be the winner for capturing the beauty here. Simply said: I love it.

Basically Mister Sunday is a cafe that served Australian kinda brunch. They have several menus and I did confuse at first because I wanted to try it all! (God, I love brunch!) Finally I decided to have some of their favorites.


Loving the natural light.


PORK BELLY OPEN BRIOCHE SANDWICH-110k
with sambal matah, coriander yoghurt, tomato cherries & mesclun lettuce. I personally did have my high hopes on this one. Brioche is one of my favorite kind of bread and hearing that they were pairing it with pork belly just excited me. Honestly it was good. Brioche was fine, pork belly was undoubtedly tasty, but the winner was sambal matah, gave it a kick on the flavor.


FRENCH TOAST WITH PORK BACON-85k
I love french toast and I did have french toast favorite list of mine. Theirs was actually just okay. Stacked bread with cheese and pork bacon, not to mention the maple syrup on it was yummy. But I felt like I need a kick on this one. Good enough, but was not the best I've ever had.



EGGLESS NOIR LINDT CHOCOLATE CAKE-45k
It did bother me at first because when I ordered this the waitress did mention that the cake was 45k for that day. Is it mean the price for the cake change every other day? Because I read some of my friends' reviews and the price was kinda different. Well anyway this one was good! Super light and moist, but still have that strong chocolate flavor to complete your brunch.


CARAMEL BROWNIE-30k
This one was my favorite. So dense, so sticky, and tasted soo sooo good. Caramel touch on top made it perfect. However I found it was so dense I wouldn't be able to have it by myself. So I recommend you to share to feel less guilty about it.

So basically I did have good time. Good place, enjoyable meal, good companion. Mister Sunday could be your option to have brunch in Jakarta!

Mister Sunday
Jalan Cikajang no 30 (next to Cut the Crab)
South Jakarta
+628111776185 / +6281286873131

Best regards,
Jessica Christy Limanjaya
@jechristy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. GallaCoffeeBlog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete