Monday, August 31, 2015

Sophie Authentique Kemang


Things I envy about Kemang are the ambiance with expats around, the brunch spot, those flower stalls along the street, and Sophie Authentique. Sophie Authentique is a well know French bakery established years ago, and now they are expanding much, having their branches in some spots in South Jakarta. Reaching this pretty place was quite a trip, but I did not mind to have it on weekend.


People say first impression is the most important thing to make a connection. And my first impression to Sophie was "OMG this is so cool!". I loved the ambiance they offered, the pretty corner they had, the cake displays, the wooden tables. Those were only several things I loved about this place.


Here comes my pretty breakfast! Croque madame (70k) with salad on the side. I was pretty I did not want to eat it. The bread was fine and soft, the filling was alright. I was hoping for a thicker toast though. Eggs was pretty, with perfect melted yolk on top. Everything was working so well. But I found this one was quite pricey for a plate of croque madame.


 The melted yolkkkk <3



They also had selection of coffee. And I might say theirs was quite a cup. Taste was just right for a cup of latte. (35k)


And of course having their pastries! I myself had a plate of almond berry tart (45k) and tasted wonderful. Soft and moist with a hint of sour from the berries. The sweetness was not overwhelming.


Overall I really had a good breakfast here. Oh I wished they have one in west area of Jakarta so I no need to drive along to have this goodness.
PS: Don't forget to have their canelle! Really good!

Sophie Authentique
Jl. Kemang Selatan 1 No. 20A, Kemang
South Jakarta
021 7180011
021 7192222


Best regards,
Jessica Christy Limanjaya
@jechristy


No comments:

Post a Comment